Sunday, August 11, 2013

Five-ingredient peach cobbler

Fresh peaches are on my "Top 10 reasons summer is better in the South" list.

All summer long, I have made a weekly trip to a nearby peach orchard to buy a 1/2 peck of peaches. I eat them as a snack (0 points!), put them in my overnight oatmeal and mix them in smoothies. 


But I must have been slacking on my daily peach-eating routine this week, because yesterday I found myself with four over-ripe peaches. 

Coincidentally, my dad and my brother were on their way to my house and I wanted to make something sweet to treat them. My dad loves fresh peaches more than anyone I know - he actually found the somewhat-unknown peach orchard.

A quick scan of Pinterest revealed an easy peach cobbler recipe I knew I could alter:

2 cups sliced peaches
3/4 cup 1% milk
3/4 cup flour
1/2 sugar
1/2 stick butter
Lots of cinnamon (my addition!)

Melt the butter in the bottom of an 8X8 pan. Mix sugar, flour and milk, and pour over the butter. Pour peaches on top. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon. Bake at 350-degrees for 45 minutes. 

I cut mine into nine servings for 2.8 Weight Watchers Points Plus each.

The boys didn't even make it into my house before exclaiming "what smells so good?!" I didn't tell them the cobbler was low in points. 

For them, it wouldn't have mattered anyways.


No comments:

Post a Comment