Friday, August 16, 2013

Caprese salad

My co-worker, Norma, arrived at work this week with a cardboard flat full of fresh tomatoes. 

There's nothing better than a home-grown tomato, so I bolted over to her desk and picked out several succulent, red beauties and stuck them in my lunch bag. 

I knew exactly what I was going to do with them: make a caprese salad. 

JJ's not one for fancy salads and he's picky about the amount of basil that can be used in any dish. But he loves caprese salad - and so do I. 

This quick recipe only took minutes to throw together. Just gently toss the following ingredients: 

3 tomatoes, cut into chunks 
8 oz. fresh mozarella pearls 
2 tbsp. olive oil 
2 tbsp. balsalmic vinegar 
18 basil leaves, chopped 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1/4 teaspoon pepper 

This recipe made five servings for only 2.5 Weight Watchers points each. 

Thank goodness for Norma's garden!


No comments:

Post a Comment