Saturday, July 27, 2013

Summer salsa

There's only person in my house who likes peppers.

Since that person is me, I get to claim all six servings of the freshest, yummiest summer salsa - which was just made today. (Yes, we visited the farmer's market).

This stuff is so good that you don't need to eat it with baked tortilla chips. It's awesome as a side dish, a topping for tacos or, if you must, as a chip dip. 

Every ingredient in today's batch was fresh, sans the canned black beans. I think that's what made it extra amazing. However, I've made it before with all store-bought produce and remember it was a crowd-pleaser. 

Seriously, you can't go wrong.

Here are the ingredients:

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
3 tomatoes, chopped
3 peppers, diced (I used a red, yellow and orange bell pepper)
1 diced hot pepper (I used a spicy banana)
1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
3 ears of corn, cut from the cob after cooked
1 garlic clove
Salt
Pepper
Lime juice, to taste

By my calculations, 1 cup of this should cost you 2 WW points plus. 

Thank you, 0-point peppers!


No comments:

Post a Comment